6.14.2011

Been Farmin' Long? Oh, About 4 Months.


We got to take part in a little farming this week!  

We went out to help work the calves (which are beginning to look more like COWS than calves these days!), and I have to say, I LOVED it...those farmers have something figured out and they're not letting the rest of us in on it!  What a therapeutic job they have!  I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I think I could spend quite a few of my days out there in the fresh air (fresh, of course, being a relative term). 


You just really can't beat the view!


"Watchin' my corn pop up in rows"...love that song! 
(that's not really my corn)
(just thought I should clarify after the whole cow-buying incident of 2011)



She's mine though.  I love her.  A lot. 



Everyone gathered for the occasion.



 Some of us were a little more eager than others.



Down the chute into this lovely little contraption (to hold them in place)...
a liiiiitle pinch on the ear, then free to go!



 That's Daniel herding...if you would have told me he would be herding cows (HIS cows!!!) 15 years ago, I would have told you you done lost your marbles! 


The girls sat watch on the back of the truck so as not to get trampled (Don't you just hate it when your babies get trampled by a herd of cows??  Me too!!), and Brenin served as officicial photographer.


FACT:  The calves handled their shots a WHOLE lot better than this one handles her shots.  (and she's losing her top front tooth, but it's kind of just dangling there, not wanting to come out and not wanting to set back in place since there's a new one already growing in behind it). 



This is me lookin' all farmerish. 
I'm thinkin', "Oh yeah, I'm farmin!  I got poop on my arm!" 

Cool, huh?


After we'd finished, I thought everything was cool between us
and the cows...you know, no hard feelings...but I turned
around on the way out and happened to see THIS going on behind my back!   


Trust us, dear....this hurts US a lot more than it hurts you. 

Okay, maybe it hurts you a little bit more,
but that's the line my folks always gave me!

(He doesn't look like he's buying it).   

3 comments:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Sometimes you make a me laugh. Sometimes you make a me cry. I'm a laughin this time. Thanks for the giggle Farmer Brown.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adore the shot of you farming with poop on your arm!! LOL! I'm highly impressed with your farm. I need to bring Ben for a visit...he'd be in heaven.