9.13.2011

All God's Critters


WARNING:  Critter Post! 



I found THIS in my back yard yesterday!!!




I went out for a closer look and snapped a few pics. 


Then it moved and I ran in my house like a screaming banshee. 


Dedication, people.....dedication. 





Later I was off to help work the cows.  Because my work with the snake was obviously effective. 



I was kind of looking forward to it because as it turns out, I actually enjoy romping around in ankle deep poo, but once in the pen with with THESE monsters, I decided I'd be busy the next time it was time to work the cows.  (HUGE!)



Not just huge, but also crazy.  One of them actually JUMPED a fence this tall to avoid the chute!!!  Insane! 



"You're gonna make me do what??"




I still can't believe these are the same "calves" that came in this spring.  The guys thought some were near 1000 pounds already! 





One last little critter moment (I thought I'd clump 'em into one post so as not to look like TOO much of a hillbillz).  Had a "walking stick" on our classroom window today.  I remember finding these as a kid, and it was like finding a pot of gold....they're not super common and sort of a novelty since the actually DO look like a twig!  Life is a classroom!  :-) 



No comments: