8.09.2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

.
...school supply season!!!!!!
.
.
I am a bit of an office supply junkie (and by "a bit," I mean an obsessed loser), so "back to school" season at the stores is as good as Christmas for me! Seriously...my husband brings me nice pens and decorative Post-Its instead of flowers. (And if he's really in trouble, maybe an electronic labeler or new dry erase board...so sad, I know, but he knows the way to my heart!) :-)
.
.
Friday was a great day because the girls and I headed to Madison in search of the perfect folders, notebooks, gluesticks, pens, pencils and anything else we might need for the school year. It was fun to see what they would pick out. We also stopped at the Learning Shop to pick out some supplemental materials for our curriculum, and I'm so excited to try them out!
.
.
Brenin tends to go for as colorful as she can find with lots of variety.
.
.
These lovely ladies also found their way into our cart...
who says mommies don't need school supplies too!
(Did you get chills when you saw them? I know...me too!)
.
.

Luca was super excited about this folder, and it fits her to a T...
she always goes for the pink and froofy things.
.
.
.
.
Brenin is also pretty excited about music right now and spends lots of time on her MP3 player (which is loaded with everything from African to bluegrass to pop to you name it!) She saw this notebook and had to have it!
.
.
Brenin's lunch box is holding up pretty well, but Luca
was in need and picked this lovely piece!
.
.

And how could we pass this up when Luca's alterego is Wonder Woman (you have to see her teeny little self look up at you with her WW cape on and say, "I'm wunnnndur wohman!"

.

.

All in all, it was the perfect day...

office supplies and my two favorite girls!

First grade and Preschool...HERE WE COME!!!

1 comment:

MKH said...

you really are hilarious! I can almost feel your crazy excitement over all of these supplies! well, I have to admit, it does rock!! Loved all the stuff you picked out and those pens for you "teach" are smokin' hot! I got the girls almost the exact same lunch boxes!! I will have to post the pic one of these days! also loved the six flags post. looked like a perfect day and the stories were hilarious as well! I'm impressed they stood next to the characters quite honestly!!