9.22.2009

Blog Salad (Mixed & Tossed)

This blog post is all over the place, so hold on...
bunch of little updates with no rhyme or reason.
.
.
First off, Brenin participated in a cheerleading clinic last Thursday and Friday and then got to cheer with the high-school cheerleaders for the football game Friday night! The clinic was for kids K-8th grade, and she got to make a t-shirt to wear in the game and have a pizza dinner the first night. I was surprised she didn't love to cheer more, being the (ahem) exuberant one that she is, but all in all she had a good time and it was a great experience.
.
Here are a couple pics of the cutie pie at the game.
.
.
.
.
The next day we attended a princess birthday party for our good friends' twin girls, and we all had a blast (how can you not have a blast when there's body glitter involved?!?)
.
.
After the party, I decided to take the girls to "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in 3D, and my friend Shannon and her boys also joined us! It was popcorn for supper and a great night with my girls.
.
.
On Sunday I had an opportunity to have lunch alone with Luca. I think I forget sometimes that I had all this alone time with Brenin for 5 years, and Luca never got a chance for that, so it was nice to have a moment with her.
.
I decided to pick her brain a little while we ate and found out some interesting ideas that are floating around in her head, like she's planning on sitting at her desk and coloring for an occupation but also plans to adopt 3 girls and name them Ella, Shannon and Baby Bunny. (wink)
.
There you have it...4 years old and all planned out!

.
.

My final random story happened last night when I and the girls returned home about 7:30 from my parents' house. We were exhausted from the day, and I was eager to give them a nice hot soak in the tub and tuck them in their beds before finishing up my leftover work I didn't finish earlier in the chaotic day. Danny's in Madison Monday nights for school now, so he wasn't expected home until about 11 p.m. The girls had fallen asleep in the car and were stumbling toward the door, myself reaching for my keys. That's when it hit me...my house key is locked in the real estate lock box INSIDE the house!!!!!!!! Okay...it's dark...we're exhausted...we're locked out...of course now everyone has to pee. ugh!!! I removed every screen on the lower level to see if by chance a window had been left unlocked...no luck. We had no choice but to wait it out.
.
.
Long story short (LOOOOOONG story short), if you ever find yourself locked in a car at night with 2 children for 3 hours, here are some things you might like to do to occupy the time (there are 10 like David Letterman's Top 10 list because by the time I got around to writing the list, I was pretty much delusional and wishing for a volleyball to talk to like on that Tom Hanks movie, Castaway):
.
1. Clean out your purse. (well that one's a given if you happen to carry a purse).
.
2. Organize all the coupons floating around at the bottom of your purse and throw away the ones that expired months ago because you always clip coupons with the best of intentions and then forget to use them.
.
3. Chew 63 pieces of Orbit gum.
.
4. Kleenex origami.
.
5. Text everyone you know even if they don't have texting service (desperate times call for desperate measures).
.
6. Apply lip gloss to every set of lips in the car.
.
7. Detail your car with wet wipes intended for sticky fingers and quick spills (so glad I put those in there!).
.
8. Try to name all 7 dwarves (Happy, Dopey, Bashful, Sneezy, Doc, Sleepy...and who was that last one...oh yeah...GRUMPY!)
.
9. Sing 400 bottles of beer on the wall 6 times.
.
10. Apply more lip gloss. Can you ever really have too much lip gloss?
.
.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

MKH said...

oh my gosh that is awful!! but it seems as though your time in the car was very productive! and no, never too much lip gloss! such cute pics of Brenin at the game and glad you were able to have a date with Luca!! cute posts!

Anonymous said...

Love the top 10 list! I'm sure it wasn't funny while you were in the situation, but the story is great! Brenin made a super cute cheerleader! Love that Luca will be a professional colorer with 3 adopted children. I think baby bunny is my favorite already!!

Debbie said...

You are such a good writer!!! I can't believe how you could turn such a bad situation into something so funny. Irma Bombeck look out. I love reading your writing Cari. So when is the book coming out?