2.16.2010

Friday - Strength Team at the Al. Ringling
The Strength Team is a group of professional athletes (former wrestlers, weightlifters, ball players etc) who travel around the US demonstrating feats of INCREDIBLE strength and sharing how their faith in God has shaped the path of their lives as well as the passion behind their work. 

*Please excuse the quality of the Strength Team pictures...
the lighting was impossible, but I think you can get the idea.*


Here's my little strength team ready for the show


The guys broke LAYERS of bricks with their strategic blows.


This guy lifted 2 teenage girls on this pipe...


...and then crumpled that same pipe into this little ball (see left hand).


Here's one of them breaking TWO Louisville Slugger baseball bats at once!!  (When the bats broke, they splintered dramatically near the hand grips and landed him in the emergency room for serious splinter removal...ouch!)


Rolling up frying pan...I tried this this morning after making the girls some eggs, but then I just decided it would be a waste of a frying pan and I should just leave it as it was in its natural state.  (wink)  


And what show wouldn't be complete without a 12 brick head butt?? 
(pass the aspirin, please!)


grrrrrrrrr...!



Saturday - Valentine's Dinner at Jimmy's Del-Bar
We celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday and went out for a fancy dancy dinner in the Dells.  Uncle Earl & Gram joined us, and we all ate to our heart's content.  Later we headed to my sister's house to relax and play. 


My studly Valentine!


"I go to the nicest restaurant in town and order chicken nuggets."


"And I slurp spaghetti through my lucious lips."



Sunday - Girls Night Away at Elkhart Lake
Myself and 5 other friends treated ourselves to an evening away Sunday night.  We shopped our way to our final destination, The Osthoff Resort (BEEEEEEEUTIFUL!)  Once there, we ate and laughed and painted our nails and laughed and ate and laughed and ate some more, all before shopping our way back home on Monday. 

Unfortunately one not so kindly officer of the law decided to throw a wrench in my trip by pulling me over on the way home!  (how ruuuude!)  Traveling with a bunch of nurses, my sister was quick to point out the SKIN TAGS on the guys face (ew!) and said I should offer him a deal for free skin tag removal if he cut me a deal (while he was running my plates, of course).  Leave it to these girls to make a traffic stop completely hilarious!  In the end, he clocked me going 20 over and cut it down to 10 over, so I can't be too hard on him.


Cari, Kristin, Lisa


Kristin, Tiernee, Lisa



Tuesday - Ice Cream Love
I snapped these today on our weekly lunch date with Gram.  As some of you know, Tuesdays are a special day around here because Gram comes and spends about an hour with each girl, Luca with her preschool work sheets and Brenin with her American Girl books, before we all head for lunch together.  It's peace, love and ice cream. 





2 comments:

MKH said...

what a fun week! seriously, I can't believe you were too humble to crumple that frying pan :)
such pretty pics of the girls out to dinner! so funny about the chicken nuggets at the fancy restuarant! so true! cute ice cream date too and glad you had a great girls day and night-serioulsy, you get out there girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have been BUSY! Ok, so the strong man...very cool! Love the Valentine pictures. Both girls looked beautiful. I LOVE Luca's hair! Girls night too...sheesh! You go, girl!