4.26.2011

Easter 2011


We had much to celebrate this Easter, as it was also my Gram's birthday and my aunt & uncle's anniversary!  The festivities were held at our house this year, and we had a great time celebrating with the whole family. 


The beautiful birthday girl. 



Easter baskets started the day, of course! 



Then Grandma and Grandpa came over to complete our Easter Experience series and
give the girls fun Easter baskets.  My mom made these adorable aprons out of a recycled skirt....SO cute!  The girl has the creative gene on overdrive! 
 


We had a whole gaggle of kiddos with mine, my sister's and 2 cousins'. 


After lunch, the kids headed out for an Easter egg hunt.  (Pretend you don't see the socks and shoes on this one...I never know what I'm gonna' get when I let her choose clothes/accessories).



We told the kids to line up for a picture with their egg hunt eggs...but gave the adults behind them confetti filled egg shells (cascarones) to surprise them with.  You can see it all began nice and easy. 


But it wasn't long before you could see a steady uprising from the back row. 


Uh-oh. 


I think they're starting to suspect something. 


And finally, it all broke loose.  Check my sister...a girl after my own heart!  LOL 




My Easter beauty who went and turned 8 on me last week.  **sigh**


Cutest little bunny ever. 


Next came the confetti egg war.  The line was drawn. 



Ready.  Set.  Go! 



Wait a minute...who's that big kid on the far right?? 



Does that even look like he's PLAYing???  A picture says a thousand words. 
I love the expressions on both of their faces.  LOL 



Turns out we have some passionate confetti egg warriers in the fam! 








Confetti head. 


More confetti head. 



Oh my cuteness. 



These two just crack me up.  Their faces say it all.  First friends. 



The boys crackin' their eggs. 



We decided to break up the sibling groups for some Easter portraits. 
These are my cousin's cuties, Bryce and Jayden.


Oh my gosh...how am I not chewing on these two RIGHT NOW?? 


My contribution to the lot.  BTW, Luca's growing approximately
5 inches every single day.  She'll be 6 foot by the end of spring. 



My other cousin's bunch, David, Jonathan and Christina.



**sigh**  You're killin' me here, kid. 



Love this gal so very much....happy birthday, Gram! 


Happy Easter
...and birthday
...and anniversary!

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the pictures of the adults cracking the eggs on the kids...and the confetti war looks SUPER fun!

MKH said...

happy b day to your Gram-beautiful picture by the way! looked like such a wonderful time with family-you all are good at that! Lia would LOVE Luca's outfit!!! :) the pics & happiness are just beautiful.