10.12.2009

.
There's been lots to keep me from blogging these days including dead computers, house hunting and homeschooling, but here's a quick update.
.
.
.
We headed north for our final camping trip of the year this weekend.
.
.
.
You might be thinking, "Isn't it getting a little cool in Northern Wisconsin by this time of year?"
.
.
.
But no. It wasn't cold.
.
.
.
Not unless you consider 21 degrees cold.
.
.
.
Oh you do consider that cold?
.
.
.
Well then I guess it was a little nippy.
.
.
.
I guess the snow should have tipped us off on that one.
.
.
.
.
Don't worry, the 21 degrees came in the night.
.
.
.
During the day it was a balmy 37.
.
.
.
If I have to be perfectly honest (and I do...this is the Internet, for goodness sake), on our way to camp we stopped at Wal-Mart and bought some electric blankets.
.
.
.
They felt SOOOOOOO good.
.
.
.
I loved mine especially much.
.
.
.
I told Danny it was my new love.
.
.
.
He said it would wear out and I'd come back to him.
.
.
.
We'll just see about that.
.
.
.
Camping is fun at any temperature.
.
.
.
And electric blankets are fabulous.
.
.
.

Grandpa & Lukes
.
.

My mama...maker of oatmeal with chocolate chips.
Camping just wouldn't be camping without it (or her).
.
.
Bren & Tuck wrapping up a summer of expeditions and explorations.
.
.
A little homeless girl talking grandpa's ear off.
(Fashion vs. Frostbite)
.
.
.
.
And finally, nature rewarded us for braving the elements!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Happy Fall, ya'll!
.

2 comments:

MKH said...

you people are crazy!!! 21 degrees! but, well worth those pics at the end! amazing!
ps, happy 1 year after court!!!

Anonymous said...

You are one crazy bunch! I wished we lived closer so we could participate too...though not in the freezing cold!!