10.29.2009

We're Going Crazy!!!

.
I thought I'd post an excuse (er...I mean explanation)
as to why my blog has been so seldomly updated of late.
.
.
.
One month after we listed our house for sale,
it went ahead and SOLD!!!!!
.
.
.
"That's great news," you might be saying!
.
.
.
And yes, it is good news.
.
.
.
The only thing is that Wisconsin gets a little...
ummmm...chilly during the winter, and well it just
isn't a good time or place to be homeless.
.
.
.
In this market, we thought we might have a year or
so to think about what our next move would be,
what type of house we wanted, what area we would be in...
you know, teeny tiny details like that.
.
.
.
So I began to dream about huddling beneath the
bridge in town on our big comfy couch
and a sleeping bag, my babies shivering as
snowflakes landed on their little frozen noses.
.
.
.
And then we began a fevered hunt for a house.
.
.
.
yadda yadda yadda (don't you just love to say that?!?),
we FINALLY found a house and can close just days
after we close on our existing house!
That means we only have to sleep on the sidewalk for 5 days
(just kidding...we really do have family who will
take us in. They WILL take us in...really).
.
.
.
Here's the timeline and excuse (explanation!!!!)
as to why my blog will continue to be lame for a few more weeks.
.
November 7: Moving party to move all our stuff into new
house garage...yay, it's a party...you should come...
it'll be Sooooooo fun! (wink)
.
November 10 - Close on existing house.
.
November 11 - My BIRTHDAY!!!
(homeless on my birthday...sigh)
.
November 12 - Close on new house.
.
.
p.s. I think I need a nap.

3 comments:

MKH said...

ahhh, I'm too late to put in my bid for you to move to SC!!! Congrats on selling your house. that is wonderful news! post a pic of the new house for us!! this post was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting! I wish mine would sell too! I can't wait to see pictures of the new house! I'm glad you won't be homeless!! Good luck with all the craziness~

Jessica P said...

How exciting that you found a house... and you will only be standing on the corners holding up "need shelter" signs for a few days!! I'm sure the kids would be a great touch to standing on the street corner. Just make sure they have smudges on their cheeks for a better effect ;)

No really, I'm excited for you! Where is this new place going to be?