10.20.2009

.
We all had a special treat today...a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER!!!!
.
My Gram graciously offered to help out today (and I think I have her roped into EVERY Tuesday!) with our homeschooling projects! Here she is with the girls and their project for the day, Christopher Columbus (candy holders), the Nina, Pinta & Santa Maria, and a note from Christopher Columbus (as dictated by Brenin) to Queen Isabella of Spain in request of funding for the voyage. The girls had a great time, and I actually got some work done!
.
Thanks for the great day, Grams!
.

.
Luca's Christopher Columbus had purple hair and a sparkly pink jacket on...a little more fashion conscious than Brenin's. He unfortunately was attending a rather wild party in the city while this photo was being taken. (wink)
.
The letter reads: "Dear Queen Isabella: Would you please give me some money, your highness? If I make some, I would give you some back. I need it for my three ships. You are the most beautiful queen, your highness. (Gram and I think she's just buttering her up here). Thank you for your time. My people, we will be so happy. You will be invited to a celebration if the world is round and if I return. (hehe) Love, Christopher Columbus"
.
Precious moments all the way around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the letter! Looks like a great time was had by all! I'm glad you were able to get some work done too!