12.10.2009

Sledding

.
Got over a foot of snow yesterday, and the kids are lovin' it! We "hit the slopes" on "hospital hill" with my friend Shannon & her little guy. Little did we realize before we left the comfort of the warm, cozy house that the wind-chill was well below 0, but the kids were die-hard sledders and we still had to pull them off the hill to go home for supper!
.
.
Brenin, Max & Luca
.
.
Max & Shannon ready for take-off!
.
.
Every trip seemed to end in a facewash for Max...
ooh, that just can't feel good in subzero temps!
.
.
It's the cliiii-iiiimb!
(Oh, I've been listening to TOO MUCH Hannah Montana!)
.
.
Flight attendands, prepare for departure.
.
.
Their cheeks are actually frozen this way,

but it made for a good picture anyway.
.
.
Luca let me ride with her the first couple of times down, but then Little Miss Independent needed her space and had to go by herself. At one point she lost a mitten, and when I went to put it back on, I realized she had snow caked inside her jacket around her wrists, but she wasn't about to stop the fun to deal with it!
.
.
A little snow angel!
.
.
Taboggen full of fun!
.
.
The sun is shining today, and our transportation will return to the motorized sorts! I'm going to The Blind Side tonight with a couple of friends (each in the process of adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia!), and can't wait to see it and spend some time with the girls!
.
.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I love the picture of you and Luca sledding! I feel for the little guy face planting! That looked painful!

Reedsburg Area Quilt Guild said...

Cari, your writing almost always makes me laugh. I wasn't disappointed tonight either. Your dad had me rolling in laughter last night as we went through the Christmas stuff. Ask him about Lake of Fatimizer. This is what he thought our angel was. He was going for Lady of Fatima, but never been catholic, so that is what he came up with.