5.10.2010

Mother's Day

Are we not like two volumes of one book? 
-Marceline Desbordes-Valmore-


I got to spend Mother's Day with some incredible ladies...my mama, my Gram and my (much older) sister.  A few years ago we decided to make it easy on the guys and enjoy some peace and pampering on Mother's Day with a nice meal and a matinee, just the girls.  The tradition stuck, and ever since we've been enjoying spill-free, tattle-free, macaroni-up-the-nose-free Mother's Days away! 


These girls each carry their own strengths, and each have contributed so much to who I am as a woman today.  When I feel myself sinking, I'm never surprised to find one of them there to pull me up again.  Honestly, everything I do right as a mother is because of my mom and the incredible example she's set for me.  I'm proud to celebrate her and to celebrate being a mom to my two little beauties who fill each day with laughter and color and song.  Though all the days are not easy, ALL the days are precious. 

And I am grateful. 

Thanks, mom, for who you are and who you inspire me to be. 





Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children;
now I have six children, and no theories.
~John Wilmot-


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks Cari, but you inspire me just as much. Just think, in a couple of years there will be two more strong women that we add to our Mother's Day pampering. And don't forgt the strong women that came before us. It's a legacy. Love you Cordelia.

MKH said...

happy mothers day! really sweet post! and love the back yard exploration pics!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You are an awesome mom!