5.24.2010

TWO posts in ONE DAY!!...A Weekend Update.

We're hot. 

Really, really hot. 

It's over 90 degrees today, which in Wisconsin feels like 150 since we never know if we'll need bathing suits or ski parkas in May, but we're making the most of it and spending some quality one on one time with our garden hose and a box of Popcicles.  It's actually quite wonderful to be hot this time of year after a long, cold winter, so I have to say I'm loving it!  I won't even let Danny turn the air on yet...I told him we have to feel hot for a little while so we remember that summer DOES come to our state. 

The girls got to go swimming OUTDOORS for the first time this summer, and we planted ourselves on the beach with a good book and a cold drink!  So fun! 




Friday night I had the strange opportunity to attend a funeral for one childhood friend and a baby shower for another...it was a bittersweet evening for sure, an end and a beginning! 

My sister and I worked together on the shower, and it turned out pretty cute so I wanted to share some pics.  Congrats to Kim....we can't wait to welcome little _____________? 




1 comment:

MKH said...

ok catching up on your fun life! very fun posts! lots of cute stuff going on! looks like little luca is even mastering the hula hoop! it's so amazing to see her at 5!!!-well almost of course! neat baby shower! and I LOVE that sidewalk chalk! we are fans of chalk over here, but somehow our pictures don't seem to turn out like that????