9.16.2010

Last November, We Asked God to Bless Our Home...



...and look what He has done! 




We were so excited to see the African Children's Choir perform last night and open our home to a few of its members as a host family!  I fell asleep contemplating the population of our house - 3 African countries and 8 people in total.  I whispered to Danny, "No one here has the same set of parents"...a bunch of "orphans" resting on the same soft spot. 

It was beautiful. 













































After the concert began, it quickly became apparent that my choice for a 3rd row seat may not have been the best one, but rather I should be stuffed in a dark corner somewhere to blubber and sob like a rediculous woman because that's exactly what I want to do every time I see the choir perform.  There's just something about hearing them say their names and proclam their dreams for a future they might not have lived to see. 

They've traded ashes for unfathomable beauty.


I trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross.  
-Kathryn Scott-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds totally amazing! I hope I can witness it for myself one day! How amazing to have such special blessings all under your roof!!

MKH said...

ok not even sure where to start!!! would LOVE to see the choir some day. I'm sure it is just beautiful beyond words. of course I love the soccer pics-LOVE that story about the shorts! I totally get that! and the school pics are just amazing. I honestly know your children are receiving the most amazing teaching for you and all the creative ways you go about it-really wish we lived closer-I would apply for your school for my kids :) lastly, I read your post on s. dakota last week and got pulled away so I said I would comment later. that looked like the most amazing trip. once again cari, you and your family have filled your days with wonderful sights and togetherness. what a neat way to spend the last week of summer! getting excited to see more carmel apple/fall pics!!!!