9.13.2010

Perfect Fall Weekend


Signs of Fall are in the air!  It's our favorite season...cool, crisp temps, caramel apples, turning leaves and endless opportunities for family fun! 

We christened the season with our first caramel apples this weekend!  It was a super fun day with our good friends...a magician and kids lunch at their church and then a beautiful drive to the orchard...doesn't get much better than that! 




My nephew Tucker has been playing peewee football and played his final game at the high school half-time game.  It was so fun to see him play under the big lights and see his excitement after the game.  Here's the little studalicious man in his uniform. 




Here's his momma lacing him up in all his gear...I'm still not sure he should be playing anything that requires a a "kidney guard," but there was no stopping that train!  He did great and left the game feeling like a superstar! 




We logged 3 good days of school last week, so as you can imagine by Friday we were plumb worn out and ready for a field trip!  (haha)  Actually, there was a "free day" at one of the indoor amusement parks, so we worked ahead and spent a fun day with some homeschool friends.  Later we all met up again for the football game! 

Bren and her BFFs, Olivia and Naomi 




And finally, Fall brings Brenin back to soccer!  She had her first practice Thursday and her first game Saturday.  They ended up losing but had a fantastic time! 

It was also picture day, so I made sure to pick her clothes out the night before to be sure everything was set and we wouldn't have to rush around in the morning (a girl can dream).  When we got to the pictures site, of course we were late (*sigh*)...I gave Brenin a once over and noticed her pants looked bunchy.  She said Daddy told her to put shorts on underneath her pants in case she gets hot during the game.  Okay, I said, why don't you just take the pants off and wear the shorts for the picture (assuming they were the SOCCER shorts I had purchased that week and laid on TOP of her stack of shorts to be easily seen).  She took her picture and I ran out to the car to get my order form which I had forgotten. 

I returned, and to my utter dismay (read in high drama voice), her precious daddio had chosen a pair of legging shorts (you know, the tight ones you wear UNDER a dress), which coincidentally look like knee length biker spandex shorts circa 1984.  Sooo....as you can imagine, I'm really really really looking forward to getting the professional photos back, complete with the personalized sports cards I ordered.  Because I think they're going to be really really neato.  Or if we're sticking with the '80s theme....totally rad! 

I blame the father. 

:-) 



Team Huddle




Go girl....they're closing in on ya!









SO close! 


















Happy Fall Y'all! 

No comments: