1.15.2010

Bath Math and Garret's Photo Shoot

Found a great idea on a blog yesterday from a homeschooling mama who wanted to spice things up during these long winter months.  She threw her kiddos in the tub with some measuring devices and had the kids experiment away.  "How many one-eighth cups fit into a three-quarter cup," or "how many one-quarter cups fit into a one-half cup," she would quiz, and the kids would measure the water as instructed.  Always looking for a break from the page, we decided to give it a whirl, and big surprise, my little mathmetician loved it!  I see more "bath math," as we so lovingly named it, in our future!   








My sister's been after me for a couple of weeks now to take some photos of my nephew, Garret for his 2 year pictures.  Garret's one of those guys who has a "lot to get done" in a day, so we had to use some interesting techniques (bribery and fart noises) to catch these winning shots.  I think they capture him perfectly, and they make me want to squeeze on him for hours (which he would NEVER tolerate, by the way). 












Also got a teeny bit of fun shopping in and grabbed some Chinese for dinner before Danny headed out to a movie with friend.  All in all a wonderful day spent with my sister and her beautiful boys. 

No comments: