3.02.2010

A Date with Bren

A few pics from my date with Brenin on Saturday. 

We went to breakfast at Denny's where we lingered with a few hundred games of hangman (wink) and some snuggles in the booth, then to the mall for some shopping (FINALLY found a new swimsuit for her with a matching little sundress to throw over for on the way to/from the pool/beach!), then wrapped the date up in an empty parking lot where (shhhhh...) BRENIN got to drive!!!!!  It was a wonderful time to connect with Brenin one on one, something I'm finding she needs / desires more and more as she gets older, and I have to say I'm enjoying it just as much as she is! 

My pancake-eating date


She was just mildly excited about the prospect of driving,
as evidenced by the mile-wide smile on her face


The view from where I sat...I'm sure I'll have a nightmare about this later.  :-)

p.s.  In case you're wondering, the glasses Brenin is wearing are NOT real, just a fun accessory we found at Claire's.  The eye doctor did tell us she'll need glasses in the coming years though, and Brenin is anxiously awaiting the "go-ahead" to pick some out! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driving already?!!? You are one very cool mom! I have a feeling this is something she will remember forever!

Jessica P said...

How wonderfully perfect! :) I LOVE having dates with my kids!!! But YIKES you are brave to let her 'drive'... heehee