6.16.2010

Fast Paced Life of a 7-Year-Old


Yesterday proved a grand reminder of why I don't over-schedule my kids.  The girls' summer programs have begun this week as well as our regular activities overlapping (like work and music lessons), and it turned out that Brenin had soccer, a library discussion group and guitar lessons on the same day along with me working which made for a busy day of in and out of the house.  It was a good reminder not to over-commit, because while heading out for guitar in the afternoon, Brenin said she just wanted some time to sit and read her new library books and relax.  Of course I felt that familiar pang of "mama guilt" that I had over-booked her, the same pang, ironically, that I feel when I under-book her (keeping her locked up in the house with nowhere to go).  I guess a girl could die trying to acheive that perfect balance, but for today that pile of books and pitcher of lemonade on the back patio looks like home!
























Thankfully the soccer clinic is only for this week and the
rest of our summer activities are better spread out.

p.s.  (She's LOVING the soccer!) 

1 comment:

MKH said...

hey there! Love the past couple posts! happy b day to your hubb & happy anniversary-we strangely have the same thing going on in this house-hubby b day, anniversary, etc.....good stuff! neat pics at the strawberry patch and of course the soccer! like the new background of the blog page too! very nice!