6.21.2010

Queen of Alfalfa

My hubby roped me into riding in his work truck for the town's parade on Saturday (he literally roped me into it...he's in agriculture now, after all).  I was severely against the idea, but his puppy dog eyes and guilt trips finally did me in.  Plus my girls were beyond excited to be in the parade and passing out candy, so I wanted to keep a close eye on them too.  So, I put on my big girl pants and one of Danny's work shirts and crowned myself Queen of Alfalfa.  I tossed.  I waved.  It was a moment. 




This is the rig the boys fixed up...next year I decided it needs a little more of a woman's touch.  I am, after all, the Queen of Alfalfa and able to make these types of decisions.  


Gorgeousness (of course it's a word!).


My girl strapping on the ol' feed bag!  It's candy throwin' farm style! 


Waiting for the parade to start...really I just LOVE pictures of kids and flags...not sure what it is, but it just works! 


That little peanut behind my girl belongs to one of Danny's co-workers and is key-yute!  This picture reminds me of a children's adventure book.  :-) 


These are super blurry because they're on zoom AND through the truck window, but I wanted a shot of my girls tossing candy to the crowd! 






p.s.  We may or may not have almost run over certain members of a certain basketball team along the parade route...If you didn't see it, neither did I.

No comments: