10.21.2010

Two Years!


October 13th marked our 2 year anniversary of being a family of FOUR!!! 

We slept restlessly through the night 2 years ago, knowing court was happening in Ethiopia as we lay in our beds, praying that this second court hearing would be the one to bring our sweet girl home. 

Very early that morning I checked my email for messages from the case worker, and guess what?!?!?  We passed!!!!!!!  Luca was officially a Buchanan! 

About 5 weeks later, a very frazzled and jet-lagged me held a very curious and overwhelmed her.  Two years later and I was then but a shadow of who I am today.  Beautiful (and hot!) refiner's fire. 



We celebrated Friday night at one of our favorite BBQ joints! 







Happy adoption day to my amazing and nothing short of miraculous family. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Adoption Day indeed! What a precious little lady Luca was in Ethiopia. I seriously can still remember that amazing little laugh! She is such a beauty and such a blessing!