8.29.2011

Irish Fest



Irish Fest is an old family tradition which has fallen by the wayside in recent years as "wee lads and lassies" began showing up in our lives.  This year my uncle was up from San Diego, so most of the family made the trip to spend the day in all things Irish.  Seriously, I think maybe Ireland itself has nothing on Milwaukee's Irish Fest. 


I got to head down a day early with my mom and sister for a girls night in the city (and a beeeeeeeutiful hotel).  We giggled and ate and shopped and giggled some more...SUCH a relaxing and fun time! 


You can't imagine how many pictures it took to find one that 3 (THREE!) women would approve of posting, so just trust me when I tell you that we are all much prettier/thinner/younger/more put together than we may appear in said picture.  Oh, and we might be a little vain too.  ; -)   



Fancy meeting THEM there! 



I'm 99.9% sure there will be bagpipes in Heaven. 



Brenin entered a freckle contest!



As you can see, the judging was g-r-u-e-l-i-n-g.



She didn't quite have what it took for the win, but she did get a shamrock cookie out of the deal!  That's a win in my book!! 



She jumped right in to the dance lessons too. 



If this kid isn't pure cuteness, I'm just not sure what is. 



A family fave.....Different Drums of Ireland.



(pause music player at bottom of page before playing video)



May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing-


No comments: