8.24.2011

Just Another Law-Abiding Citizen

One of the grocery stores in town opened up a new liquor store and laundromat, so they offered police/ambulance/firetruck tours in the parking lot. 

Because that's totally related. 

:-) 

We didn't ask.  We just went. 


Bren and Liv


Ma'am, I'm gonna need to see your license and registration please.






Let's pray this is the ONLY time she gets to be strapped into the back of an ambulance! 



Book'em, Danno! 

Just kidding....What kind of mother would I be to allow my child to be arrested JUST so I could have a moment...(just ONE teeny tiny moment!!!!)...of peace and quiet?!?!  Really, now folks!




 I mean, it's not like I wouldn't pick them up once they were released. 
(as long as bail wasn't too high)
 



Unfortunately, we'd met this particular officer before.  (let me explain)  On one -30 degree day last winter, I was in a turn lane waiting to turn right.  I decided to turn left instead, so I thought I'd better back up and get into the LEFT turn lane.  But oh look, there's a car coming, I'd better hurry!  I popped it into reverse and quickly reversed the car. 

Into a taxi cab that was sitting directly behind me.  Boo. 



Apparently the term is "unsafe backing."


Yeah... 


To make matters worse, last week I was rushing off to a meeting and looked in my rearview JUST in time to see the 'ol familiar po po whipping a U-turn.  Why, you might ask, would a police officer whip a U-turn??  Well, to pull over my speeding 'wagon 'o fun,' of course!!  I was just about to leave with a shred of dignity (after ANOTHER very kind officer let me go with a warning) when Brenin calls from the back seat.  "Hey, Mom...is that the same police ossifer from your little umm...taaaaaxi incident?" 


*sigh*  No dear, it's a different one this time.


(Geesh...the kid has a memory like a sponge!) 


Long story short, I may or may not be on the police department's Christmas card list this year. 


Woohoo!! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that the blog is still being published!! Love the pictures of the girls. Luca driving the fire truck and being strapped to the gurney are too cute! Both of your cuties are growing so fast!!