5.04.2009

Camping!

This weekend we headed North for our first camping trip of the year (and Luca's first ever!) on my parents' land near Boulder Junction / Minoqua. Last October, we closed out the camping season on this land, and Dad was feverishly working to get the cabin walls up before the snow flew, and we were feverishly making travel plans to go and get Luca in Ethiopia. It was lovely to be there WITH Luca and the cabin well under way. It's still a bit chilly that far north, but with campers and heaters we did great.


Mesmorized by fire


Luca was all snuggled into her Princess sleeping bag the first night and I asked her what she thought about camping.
She said, "Bee-you-tee-ful."

Luca got a taste of the sweet life and roasted her first marshmallows! FYI: She loved the s'mores (I was wondering if she would because she doesn't have a big taste for chocolate)! Sorry this shot is a little blurry.



My sister, Kristin and me.


I'll post some more pictures on a separate post.

1 comment:

Jessica P said...

What a fun picture of you and Kristin!! I love pictures of 'sisters' cause they are so special. Nothing like a GREAT sister ;)

Looks like a fun time! I haven't been camping in years... We always have a baby... and baby and camping don't mix well for me. Maybe our family could swing it this year... not pg, and no little baby... hmmmmm