6.24.2009

Dancy Pants

I told the girls they could go outside and spray each other with the hose while I finished my work inside. Luca decided to put on a little show for me outside my window by doing a little dance. As I watched her move, I was reminded once again of her roots as she pulled out some moves reminiscent of those we saw in a traditional dance while in Ethiopia.
.
Sometimes I look at Luca and just have to smile because I think how awesome it is that we have TWO beautiful cultures to celebrate, and I just love it when I see Africa in her.






Here are the traditional dancers we saw in Ethiopia.
Sorry it's a little blurry...it's a still shot from a video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I would give to see that dance in person!!! You can tell that she is really into her dance...and look at those moves!!! She is beyond precious. I hope I will get to see her and her mommy again one day!!

MKH said...

very cute moves. so great that you captured that! love the past few posts and pics of your adventures. looks like a very fun few days with great experiences!